Tourist in Ghana

The canoe safari was a success. Flocks of birds flew amongst the lush vegetation lining the shore, and a group of seven hippos floated and bellowed in the river.

We should have stopped there.
The quote above is from this excellent short guide to Ghana by Marlene Smith I found in the latest issue of International Travel News. I enjoyed the truthful description of the friendly and sometimes un-cooperative Ghana.

To me, the most useful part was the description of the wildlife viewing opportunites up north, including Mole national Park (elephants, baboons and birds) and Black Volta (hippos) since I intend to go there myself later this year. However, there were also good reviews of hotels and lodges and advice on interesting cultural sites to visit.


Pic: Elephant in Mole National park borrowed from projects-abroad.dk

4 comments:

The Author said...

Hey, short and sweet post about Ghana. Full of the feel-good factor. The phrase "canoe safari" is novel and intriguing to me.

Denise said...

My daughter and I did the canoe safari on the Black Volta - though we saw no hippos we did enjoy it. Perhaps the strangest sight was the amount of water-taxi's we saw in the early morning ferrying women and children to markets and schools respectively.

Here, There, Elsewhere... and more said...

Thanks for sharing - I'll be out there in Novemeber and am keen to read up/catch up on as much as possible to prepare my long awaited trip to my birthland..:)

Here, There, Elsewhere... and more said...

Thanks for sharing - I'll be out there in Novemeber and am keen to read up/catch up on as much as possible to prepare my long awaited trip to my birthland..:)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin