Ghana in London

I just returned from a fantastic long weekend in London, or shall I say Little Ghana? I knew London has a big Ghanaian population, but I was unprepared for the massive scale. Many Ghanaians have settled in the southern suburb of Croyden where I my first night in UK had rice balls and groundnut soup. And it tasted just like it should! And two days later I was offered fufu!

Apart from the food, I continued the weekend with speaking Twi about as much as I do when I am here in Ghana (me ho ye paa!), swinging by the Ghanaian Restaurant Accra Nima, discussing Ghanaian politics and best beaches, listening to hip life and then also of course doing the city. Westminster, Big Ben, Tate Modern, London Eye, Tower Bridge and Covent Garden were all the backdrop to my Ghanaian weekend in London.

The lovely colorful pic borrowed from yourbestlocal.com

5 comments:

Cynthia said...

Hello,

I've been a secret observer for some time. I love your blog and you calling London "Little Ghana" is quite cute.

I'm glad you had a wonderful trip.

Kajsa Hallberg Adu said...

Hi Cynthia! Thanks for your friendly comment and for secreetly following me around ;-)

The Author said...

Short and beautifully described. I like your set of "traveller's eyes" in just about anything you describe. I wonder if you'd describe some place in Sweden with such freshness.

About you ability to distill so much on few words, have you ever tried poetry?

Kajsa Hallberg Adu said...

Thanks Mr Asiedu for reading and commenting. I love poetry and write sometimes for my drawer :-) I will think about "blog-etry", maybe it would be interesting.

Here, There, Elsewhere... and more said...

Thanks for this - I'm in London next week on business but I will do all I can on my day off to head to Croydon for some groundnut stew with either fufu or rice balls - I LOVE both..!
India J (Ekua)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin