PhD News

Last Friday I got a phone call. It was late in the afternoon and I was in the Accra Mall stocking up for the weekend with a friend. I had to run into a quiet place because I thought I heard something like:
...Graduate...University...Ghana....
I was right. It was my first call back from the university. The message was short.
Please bring your birth certificate on Monday.
Here I have been waiting since March last year, or at least since November when I did my presentation, to hear back, and now they are giving me a weekend's notice to produce my birth certificate. BIRTH CERTIFICATE.

Well, thanks to Sweden's excellent governmental ICT services, I was there Monday morning with my certificate. Now it looks like I might be a PhD student very, very soon.

7 comments:

The Author said...

Yay! Dr. Hallberg-Adu, almost...

Kajsa Hallberg Adu said...

Ha, yes and just 3 years from there...if everything goes right!

Maya Mame said...

Grattis! Finally your persistence is paying off (took them long enough though!).

Kajsa Hallberg Adu said...

MBLS and Maya Maame,
THANK YOU! (touch wood).

posekyere said...

Good News, Kajsa.
I have wondered why it takes forever to get anything and everything done in Ghana. You would think our academia will set a better example on time management for the average Ghanaian. No, they are as wayward as the rest of us.
You are already on your way towards becoming a professor. First it was Ashesi and now this- a perfect combination I think.
Bless you, ohemaa!

Esi Cleland Yankson said...

yay! congrats and best of luck. I hope you get to start soon.

Åsa Secher said...

Grattis!!!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin